VA Loan Frequently Asked Questions
1. I want to use my Veteran eligibility to purchase a home. Can you do this for me?
Answer: Absolutely, this is what I do!
2. I don’t have my certificate of eligibility, can you help me get one?
Answer: Yes as long we have a DD-214 or Statement of Service we can retrieve your certificate of eligibility electronically
3. I used my VA eligibility to purchase a home before can I use it to purchase another home?
4. Why is the loan amount higher than the sales price for VA loans?
Answer: All VA loans have a “funding fee” which is financed on top of the loan amount? This fee negates the need for mortgage insurance
5. I am VA disabled (service related), is there is an additional discount available to me?
Answer: If you are at least 30% VA disabled, your loan will not have the traditional VA Funding Fee financed on top of the loan amount
6. Can I purchase a home with someone other than my spouse as the co-borrower?
Answer: Yes but the other applicant must be a veteran as well.
7. I don't live near Appleton, Wisconsin can you still handle my loan?
Answer: We can handle your loan anywhere in the state of Wisconsin
8. Can I close my home loan in my home town?
9. How do all those documents get to my local Title Company?
Answer: FedEx or email.
10. I already applied to another Lender for my Home Loan; do I have to stay with them?
Answer: No you don't. You can change your mind, and decide who you want to close your loan. Transfer of your loan is an easy process.
11. Can I use my VA eligibility for a Rental Property purchase?
12. Can I refinance my primary residence using my Veteran benefits?
13. How will I know what the prospective home or my primary residence is worth?
Answer: We will order an appraisal done by a licensed VA appraiser in your area.
14. Who controls the interest rate on Veteran Mortgages?
Answer: The market and investors but VA loan rates are typically the same or lower than conventional loans.
15. How will I know what interest rate I will get on my home loan?
Answer: After submitting the required paperwork, we lock your interest rate the same day.
16. I am a Widow of a Veteran, can I qualify?
Answer: Yes you can, provided deceased husband died in the line of duty or from a service related cause.
17. I hate to fill out forms online; can I talk to a person?
Answer: Sure just call me at 920.858.1203!
19. I don't feel comfortable giving my financial information over the Internet, what can we do?
Answer: We will do everything over the telephone or in person
21. How long does is take to close my loan?
Answer: It varies but typically 15 to 30 days after all paperwork is submitted.
22. I am working with a Real Estate Agent.....is this O.K.?
Answer: No problem.
23. Another lender botched my loan, can I transfer my loan to you?
Answer: Sure, no problem. Unfortunately, this is all too common.
24. I want to place my loan in your hands, what's next?
Answer: Call me at 920.858.1203.
25. I want to move forward with you, what do I tell my Realtor?
Answer: Ask them to fax a copy of your contract to us at 920.239.6072, and I will give the Realtor a call to coordinate.
26. I just want to talk, can I call you?
Answer: Sure, please call me at your convenience - 920.858.1203
Military Loan Specialist
Contact Gwenn Tanvas , your local VA Mortgage Specialist, to setup a free consultation and develop your winning strategy when purchasing your new home with a VA Loan. It will be my pleasure to serve you!
AMEC Home Loans | Appleton 920-858-1203
NMLS# 274839 | Corporate NMLS# 150953
Notice: This is a privately owned and maintained
web site by Gwenn Tanvas specializing in
VA financing and is not a government agency.
Green Bay • Appleton • FondDuLac
Residential Home Loans • FHA | 203K | VA | HARP | USDA | WHEDA | Purchase | Refinance | WHEDA | OneTime Close Construction
Conventional, FHA, 203K, VA, 100% USDA Rural Home Loans with Offices Serving communities through out Wisconsin. We provide purchase and refinance home loan services with great rates and terms to Green Bay, DePere, Appleton, Neenah. Menasha, Oshkosh, FondDuLac, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Milwaukee, Madison.
American Mortgage & Equity Consultants, Inc. Contact: 920.267.7891. All rights reserved.© 2019. American Mortgage & Equity Consultants, Inc. is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS #150953.
NMLS Consumer AccessPortal State License • Disclosure
Appleton, WI NMLS ID 1750118 | De Pere, WI NMLS ID 379092 | Eau Claire, WI NMLS ID 870247 | Fond du Lac, WI NMLS ID 379084 | Green Bay, WI NMLS ID 1296548 | La Crosse, WI NMLS ID 570267 | Luck, WI NMLS ID 870269 | Madison, WI NMLS ID 844360 | Onalaska, WI NMLS ID 844359 | Siren, WI NMLS ID 870270 | Stevens Point, WI NMLS ID 1064096 | Wauwatosa, WI NMLS ID 838616